Monday, February 11, 2013

I'm back... ShiTzu's are fun & other stuff.

It's been a long time since I have written on this particular blog site. Forgot the password, forgot the blog, dog ate my computer, etc., etc.
I've been reading the book "Quitter" by Jon Acuff, and have been inspired to blog again. He's a great author, and I'm really enjoying the book. Just ordered "Stuff Christians Like"as well.
Don't know if anyone will actually read this, but here goes!
Shi Tzu's are funny little dogs. We just adopted one from a breeder in Joliet. He's a good little boy- if we can call male dogs boys- and has really found a place in the hearts of my family. He does this funny little spin move when he's excited, or he wants a treat, or he just went poop outside. It's like he's chasing his tail, but never quite catches it. I can't say for certain, since I'm not a dog psychologist, but I think this is his version of a happy dance. He also drinks out of a bottle that's intended for a guinea pig. Apparently that's what show dogs do so they don't get their beards wet. A wet beard causes them to do the 'shake it off' move. My boys call this the 'slobber slinger', because if you're in the general vicinity, you will get wet.

We also had a visitor last week. You see, a while back our family became a 'Safe Family'. This means we can take in children who are in need of a safe place to live for a short time, while their parents work out their 'stuff' and are in a position to take them back. Our little girl was with us back in the fall, and she came last week just to visit. Isn't that great? This is the first time we have been able to keep in touch with a family, and have been able to help them on an ongoing basis. My wife posted a list of the things that this particular family needed, and friends stepped up and provided! Well, God did it, but He used friends to make it happen! It's so great to see how He meets needs in such a tangible way. All glory be to Him!

Have a great week! Thanks for reading.

No comments: