Saturday, August 23, 2008

Sometimes, you just need to get away.


I just want to publicly thank my wonderful wife for allowing me some time to get away this week. I spent a relaxing day in Galena, just reading, studying scripture, spending time in prayer, and taking advantage of the quiet. It was refreshing and helped me get me head on just a bit straighter. I also took a few hours and walked around downtown Galena. Hap and I had gone there a few years ago, so it was good to be reminded of places we went the last time we were there. 
Meanwhile, Hap was having a tough time at home with the boys. Both boys have head colds, and so does mommy, so no one was sleeping well. As you can imagine, when the kids don't feel well, they get crabby, which makes it even more challenging for mommy to care for them.
It's good to be home. It's good to be here to help care for all three of them. 
I love my family, and I'm very thankful for them today!

1 comment:

Happi said...

Awwww.....thanks sweetie.

Sorry you had to come home to the stuffy noses, dirty kleenexes and puffy eyes.

You deserved the break. I'm glad you took it.

I love you.

Hap